TSWW News! The 2017 Todos Santos Writers Workshop is running concurrently with Ellie Waterston’s Writers Ranch Feb 5 – 11 (link – http://bit.ly/2aFV0LD ), so the town will be full of writers that week =) Enjoy all sorts of exciting events that people from town can attend, and more if you join our workshops. http://www.todossantoswritersworkshop.com/2017-program/
Workshop sessions daily at Casa Dracula
Monday Feb 6, thru Friday, Feb 10, 9am -12:30
- Sunday Feb 5 Early evening – Welcoming reception for TSWW students at Casa Dracula
- Tuesday Feb 7 night – Faculty reading, Casa Dracula courtyard (public invited for donation)
- Wednesday Feb 8 night – Writers Dinner at Serendipity for TSWW + Writing Ranch
- Thursday Feb 9 afternoon, Publishing Roundtable (public invited for donation) Location TBA
- Friday Feb 10 night – Fiesta at Casa Dracula (by invitation only)
- Saturday afternoon – TSWW concluding event, location TBA
To be scheduled:
- Craft workshop with Jonathan Penner
A few new things:
- Nick Triolo, a young writer based in Missoula with family in TS, joins our staff.
- We’re collaborating with Writing Ranch a workshop that our friend Ellie Waterston has run for many years in Todos Santos. This year we’re running concurrently. Writing Ranch students will join us at several TSWW events, and we’ll get together for a combined group dinner at Serendipity on Wednesday night, where Nick Triolo will give a pre-dinner talk: Psychoscapes of Love and Revolution: Personal Narrative on Ecology, Activism, and Human Wholeness
- On the final “Fiesta” night, we’ll be inviting some of our literary friends from La Paz to help create a cross-cultural event with music, food and spoken word en español y ingles. More details to come!
The Todos Santos Writers Workshop at Casa Dracula is led by a team of creative writers, editors, graphic designers and publishing experts dedicated to inspiring and furthering the art of the written word. Established in 2014 in the pueblo magico of Todos Santos, Baja California Sur, Mexico, the Todos Santos Writers Workshop offers courses for writers at all levels. Workshops and seminars are based at the historic Casa Dracula, a 19th Century hacienda renowned in local legend and myth. The Todos Santos Writers Workshop partners with local business, educational institutions and organizations to support the community.
An editor at The Paris Review, Tin House, writer in the Features department at Vogue magazine, McCulloch’s work has appeared in Vogue, Tin House, Elle, Allure, O Magazine, and The New York Times Book Review, among other publications. Her interviews with writers have appeared in the legendary Writers at Work series at The Paris Review, and in Tin House. She is the founding Editorial Director of Tin House Books. McCulloch has taught fiction and non-fiction at The New School for Social Research and at numerous summer writers conferences. She is currently completing a memoir to be published by Harper Collins.
About The Writing Ranch www.writingranch.com
Since 2000 the Writing Ranch has offered workshops and retreats for emerging and established writers in poetry, nonfiction and memoir. The annual week-long “Writing Down the Baja” and “Manuscript Lab” held in Todos Santos are for writers ready to commit to the page and get some writing done.
Led by Ellen Waterston, award-winning author, poet and creative writing instructor, the Writing Ranch’s week-long retreat includes daily workshops, evening critiques, guest author presentations, sightseeing excursions, a formal final reading, a published anthology of participant’s work, and lodging and meals at Serendipity, an exquisite beachfront boutique hotel.